Every day, millions of players worldwide enter the battle as one of over a hundred Dota Heroes in a 5v5 team clash. Dota is the deepest multi-player action RTS game ever made and there’s always a new strategy or tactic to discover. It’s completely free to play and always will be – start defending your ancient now.
From magical tacticians to fierce brutes and cunning rogues, Dota 2’s hero pool is massive and limitlessly diverse. Unleash incredible abilities and devastating ultimates on your way to victory.
When not climbing the ranks, you’ll be able to learn from the best. The Dota Pro Circuit features ultra-high-level Dota 2 competition streaming regularly in the game client, on Twitch and Steam.TV. Culminating in the largest e-sports championship in the world, The International, professional Dota 2 is an event not to be missed.
Dota 2 on Valve Corporationin kehittämä ja julkaisema strategiapeli Microsoft Windowsille, OS X:lle ja Linuxille. Peli on itsenäinen jatko-osa Defense of the Ancientsille, joka on yhteisövoimin kehitetty Warcraft 3 -pelin modi.
Dota 2:n julkaisija on pelitalo Valve, joka tunnetaan muun muassa Half Life- ja Counter-Strike -pelisarjoista. Dota luokitellaan usein MOBA-kategoriaan, mikä on lyhenne sanoista multiplayer online battle arena [taisteluareenamoninpeli].
Dota 2:n avoin beta-testaus alkoi vuonna 2011 ja loppui heinäkuussa 2013, jolloin peli julkaistiin virallisesti. Peli on tällä hetkellä yksi maailman suosituimmista peleistä, jolta löytyy miljoonia pelaajia päivittäin.
Dota 2 on pelattavissa ilmaiseksi PC:llä ja Macilla. Pelin voi ladata ilmaiseksi Steam-sovelluksella, jonka pelaamiseen tarvitsee.
– Päivittäin miljoonat pelaajat kautta maailman astuvat taistelukentälle yhtenä yli sadasta Dota-sankarista. Ja olipa kyseessä sitten heidän kymmenes tai kymmenestuhannes pelinsä, sieltä löytyy aina jotain uutta, kuvaillaan Dotaa pelin omilla kotisivuilla.
Vaikka peli on ilmainen, löytyy siitä mikromaksuja. Ostettavat tuotteet ovat joko lisäosia tai kosmeettisia ulkoasuja, joten mikromaksuilla ei saa konkreettisesti mitään hyötyä muihin pelaajiin.
Dota 2 News
- The mid lane is going through some changes in the new patch. Most notably, we are seeing a decrease in popularity and effectiveness of several important setup heroes from the previous patch. Their place is taken by some of the cheesiest, most annoying characters in the game, so if you are a good mid player […]
- The last mini-patch shook things up enough to significantly broaden the pool of viable carries. In the absence of Lina and with a significant Shadow Fiend popularity decrease, many new carry heroes now get a chance to be in the spotlight. Today we want to talk about new heroes who should definitely be on your […]
- One week has passed since the new patch was released and we would like to have a look at how exactly it shook up the meta. There are definitely some obvious losers in this patch, but this isn’t particularly interesting: we all knew some heroes will get nerfed into oblivion. So instead of doing our […]
- The Big Gameplay patch might not be here, but we have a whole new hero to keep us entertained and for the first time in a very, very long while we got an actual new carry in the game. One that looks promising, but might need some serious buffs, from the looks of it.
- One of the potential benefits of the longer patch lifecycle is that the execution gets to be in the spotlight in every single game. Because there is little room for a drafting stage surprise, games are mostly decided by better coordination and execution. The meta itself might not be too exciting, but the level of […]
- The Major starts very soon and we feel like a discussion on it is in order. We are not going to try and rank the teams, though, as it seems like an exercise in futility: a lot has changed since the International and smaller multi-regional tournaments are rarely indicative of the actual power levels of […]
- It seems it might take a while for Valve to release the new patch, so far a little bit longer we are stuck with the current hero and item meta. Today we would like to highlight the most important items in the current patch and discuss why exactly they are considered stronger than average.
- It’s been almost six months since the last big patch release and while we are all desperately waiting for a new gameplay update, there is no denying 7.32 was a very good patch. Great hero and strategy diversity, as well as many small, incremental fixes made for a very eventful half-year and today we would […]
- We know that the DPC is technically not over, but with a potential patch coming some time soon we might not have time for a recap at a later date. This DPC season was full of surprising new developments and today we would like to highlight the most important of them. Friendly reminder: this is […]
- The rise of ranged position one carries opened the melee position five support route. It is definitely a good thing, as some long-forgotten heroes are now starting to see play. At the same time, once players figured out how good heroes like Treant Protector are, they started trying to get away with even greedier and […]